Gifted 30-Hour Core Bundles
This package includes access to courses that fulfill the state-required 30 hours for GT core training. We offer three complete bundles, one hosted by Dr. Joyce Juntune, Professor at Texas A&M, and one hosted by Lisa Van Gemert, the founder of Gifted Guru, and one designed by TAGT.
Online Professional Development. Anywhere. Anytime.
in 13 States
100% of administrators using our online PD reported increased visibility on what their teachers are learning and applying in the classroom.
“I can’t tell you how many teachers THANKED ME. I provided 260 hours of training to over 90 teachers and it only took me 15 minutes to set it all up. Plus the system makes accountability easy.” – Gina Peddy, Exec. Dir. Southlake Carroll ISD
- State Requirements: Meets the state’s 30-hour requirement for the GT core training.
- Instructional Days: Increases instructional days by keeping your teachers on campus and in the classroom.
- Save Time and Money: Saves money by reducing the need to pay for substitute teachers, and saves time by requiring very little effort from administrators.
- Tracking and Reporting: Teacher course progress is tracked and archived.
- Ease of Implementation: Teachers self-register for their courses and complete them on their own, with no administrator help required.
- Reputable Presenters: Courses are led by recognized experts in Gifted Education.
- Convenient: Each course is online, and can be completed anywhere, at any time.
- State Requirements: Fulfills state requirements for new teacher GT training.
Trusted by over 1,784 Districts in 13 States
Gifted 30-Hour Core | Choose From 3 Bundles
This package includes access to courses that fulfill the state-required 30 hours for GT core training. We offer three complete bundles, one hosted by Dr. Joyce Juntune, professor at Texas A&M; one hosted by Lisa Van Gemer, the founder of Gifted Guru; and one designed by TAGT.
EACH 30-HOUR GT BUNDLE INCLUDES 30 HOURS OF TRAINING PER TEACHER
Dr. Juntune is a renowned consultant, trainer, professor, and lecturer with more than 45 years of experience in the field of education. She is an instructional associate professor at Texas A&M University, and she teaches graduate-level courses in her expert areas of intelligence, child and adolescent development, educational psychology, giftedness, and creativity. Dr. Juntune earned her master’s degree in curriculum instruction from St. Cloud University and her Ph.D. in educational psychology from Texas A&M University.
Lisa Van Gemert
Lisa Van Gemert is the Youth and Education Ambassador for Mensa and an educational consultant. A former teacher and school administrator, she writes articles about giftedness and speaks about issues related to the education and parenting of gifted youth. She is a frequent conference speaker, expert consult to television shows about the gifted, writer of award-winning lesson plans, and author of the children’s and teacher’s guides to the National Book Festival. Lisa shares ideas, strategies, and resources on her website, giftedguru.com. She and her husband Steven live in Arlington, Texas, and are the parents of three sons.
Handpicked by the staff and board of the TEXAS ASSOCIATION OF THE GIFTED AND TALENTED this 30-hour bundle of 22 gifted courses is an inspiring way to meet the state’s requirement for new gifted teachers. With courses from leading trainers and practitioners in gifted education, including Debra Troxclair, Ph.D, James Webb, Ph.D, and Lynette Breedlove, this bundle will give your teachers the foundational knowledge necessary for nurturing gifted students.
- Gifted and Thriving: A Deeper Understanding of the Meaning of Gifted and Talented
- Gifted 101
- Motivation and Underachievement
- Understanding the Neurology and Overexcitabilities of the Gifted
- Finding Gifted Children: Gifted Behaviors In and Out of the Classroom
- Uncovering Gifted, Diverse Learners
- The Power of Portfolios
- Leveraging AVID, SPED, and ESL to Improve G/T Identification and Support
- Iconic Prompts of Depth & Complexity
- Serving TAG Students in the Regular Classroom
- Inquiry, Connection, Autonomy: Advanced Learners Will Advance with Differentiation
- Total School Cluster Grouping
- Thinking Outside the Book
- Guided Reading
- Clearer Thinking: Six Thinking Hats
- Designing Meaningful Learning Experiences for Gifted Learners
- Introverts: The Quiet Learners
- Grit, Perseverance, and Mindset
- The Intensity of Giftedness
- Don’t Say Use Your Indoor Voice
- Perfectionism Revisited
- Teaching Tenacity Through Social-Emotional Learning